Popular Posts

Thursday 25 April 2013

Working with an 8 Dollar Trolley and a Small Pot of Gold

I purchased this 70's trolley for 8 dollars the other day.

The only appealing aspect of this trolley to me was the grid shelf it had going on. Then I was out at a really cool bar on Saturday night with the family and they had a very similar grid design which was used as a divider.

I knew the trolley needed to be gold, or gold with a turquoise/ teal top, I love this combo......... Its funny when you see a piece and you know exactly what finish it needs.......anyway here are the before and afters of the trolley.............


and the before shots..........




and the wall that convinced me to get this little guy........


that's me on the left with my super cute step daughter, love her..........but we are looking at the screen at the back of us right???,..........




I am really getting into mixing my gold and silver. It adds warmth and bling. Just a quick tip off though. Spraying metallic enamels onto most surfaces doesn't wear well (I've only tried the cheaper spray cans) so use tin enamel and a brush. Water based enamels don't give you the same reflective values...........


No comments: